Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Beauty and the Beast

I don't think Belle was that upset when she came to the realization that she was being courted (stalked and obsessed over) by two guys.  I'm sure it was flattering and exhilarating to know that a tremendously talented and successful gentleman was attracted to her, and in some fantasy-fulfilling bestiality she also found it intriguing to be pursed by a wild beast.

I'm not here to judge her or condemn her for her positions on animal/human relations.  I hear of people enjoying there livestock, household pets and dead mice all too often.  I truly can't think of a time in which I had considered having an intimate relationship with my dog Verlie, or looked at my family cat Holly and thought to myself, "I feel the tension and I have to show you how I feel."  But to each their own right?

Let me be the first to congratulate Disney on their foresight and forward thinking.  I don't think anyone was really willing to take the plunge and make a movie about this topic.  With so much attention being made to gay marriage, people have somehow forgotten about our fuzzy little friends and their fuzzy little friends.

The craziest thing (most shocking) is that at the end of the day, the beast wins out.  She picked the family dog (who's wicked rich mind you.... another topic all together) over the real dude.  This brings to attention the question of, is it better with animals than humans?  Belle's choice has brought me to a state that I don't know if I can handle.  Should I just go through with it and see if Charlie (my roommates dog) and I have something we can share.  Can his fuzzy little body really be better than a human?

I might not ever know the answer to this question, but I have seen that you can be happy slow dancing with large animals. I have seen that when you dress them up they are pretty freak'n cute.  But as a lover, can I trust my dog to still shake my hand when I tell him too, without expecting a little more than a "treat" in return?


No comments:

Post a Comment