Saturday, September 3, 2011

Just A Man and His Thought: I Float Down the River

I've been lucky enough to have to opportunity to get on the water for the weekend on the Wabash River.  It's not the biggest or fastest river but boy is it a lazy one.  A man could answer all the questions this complicated planet poses to him.  Life becomes so much less trivial when drifting along the water with your thought not too far behind.

As I floated on ward, big blue cranes there to guide us a head, I realized that I've been neglecting yet another thing in my life.  Something that seemed to be missing and hadn't really grasped it until this moment.  Man's insatiable appetite for nature and earth's unmasking beauty.  I am an animal.  I should be outdoors. I forget that too often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment