Tuesday, September 6, 2011

On Your Mark. Get Set. Hope!

I want to be more, I want to be better and I want to succeed.  Isn't that how we all approach our lives?  How can we maximize the opportunities confronting our potential?  How do we create opportunities to better ourselves?  I feel as though many of us struggle with these questions that can seem unanswerable at times.

I think one thing to remember when facing these questions is to find perspective.  It is hard to keep a positive or hopeful outlook when you face these questions, but you must sustain that mentality.  Keeping a positive perspective can create a disposition that can afford you attention and marketability you did not plan for.  People are attracted to positivity and will reward it.

It is also important to keep an open mind.  What some might see as a burden, someone else could perceive as opportunity... and possibly even greater success.  One thing I have learned is that disregarding something as "beneath yourself" or "not worth the trouble" can emerge later as a glaringly naive decision.

I have found myself to be in one such state.  Where actuality hasn't met expectation. Where I'm constantly reminded that I want more and how it's not just going to find me. So it continues, my pursuit of success and my uphill quest to find out what that is.  My only hope is that when I get there I am able to have some perspective and realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment